Every now and again an event, social interaction, or a straight-up situation crosses your path and changes your life FOREVER.
Such an occasion has come about, thanks to your submissions to our 2014 Still Image Contest! Many incredible, non-edible images were submitted, and the BUNKSPEED judges have emerged from their sequestered state, to declare the following winners:
Grand Prize: John Geoghegan for his Buick Top View Image. He walks away with a sweet, permanent license of BUNKSPEED SHOT. Model Credit: Turbosquid
1st Prize: Peter Hildebrandt for his Perfume Flacon Image. He makes off like a bandit with a 1 year license of BUNKSPEED SHOT.
Honorable Mention: John Geoghegan is at it again, with his Knappogue Castle Whiskey Image. Send extra applause his way! Model Credit: John Geoghegan
Thanks to everyone who submitted imagery for our contest! You gave us a reason to gasp, cheer and even tear up a little bit with your incredible work!
Stay über creative, friends! And keep in touch by sharing your latest Visualization Victories right here in our blog, forum, or via our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages!
BUNKSPEEDers don’t shake hands. BUNKSPEEDers gotta HUG.
-The BUNKSPEED Team
Grand Prize Winning Image
1st Prize Winning Image
The 2014.5 Versions for 3DEXCITE BUNKSPEED SHOT, BUNKSPEED PRO and BUNKSPEED ZOOM are here! Please see below for all the techie-talk you can handle (and maybe just a bit more).
2014.5 is an optional but recommended update and is included for all 2014 products.
- Presentation mode (Ctrl + M) – Launches a true fullscreen mode and stretches the camera aspect ration and viewport size to fit the primary monitor (BUNKSPEED ZOOM).
- Presentation Toolbar – A new and fully customizable toolbar which appears in Presentation mode, and allows users to tailor the utilities present for crafting amazing realtime presentations (BUNKSPEED ZOOM).
- New realtime setting for Preview Mode (rasterization) that allows objects to reflect in other objects (replaces the need for Props as exposed in HyperDrive). (BUNKSPEED ZOOM).
- Expanded maximum supported texture size to leverage all available memory on modern GPUs. This results in uncompressed textures and HDRI environments, providing you have appropriate hardware resources.
- Raised the maximum supported texture size for rasterization to 16k x 16k.
- Ability to disable the preview during material drag/drop in Tools > Options.
- Rebuilt the 3DConnexion integration to be much more robust and provide expected behavior.
- Added the option to switch between Camera and World modes for 3DConnexion navigation modes.
- Adds support for Bunkspeed-specific 3DConnexion spacemouse driver settings.
- New render mode icons help distinguish between modes more clearly, and create uniformly among the Toolbar options.
- Improvements and updates to the main Toolbar to improve usability and consistency.
- Status indicators (Camera Locked, Animation Playback, Supersampling Enabled and Physics Enabled) are now displayed in the HUD for consistency and the ability to minimize.
- Improved usability and stability of multiple viewports.
- Improved FBX import (stability, memory consumption, UV mapping).
- Improved 3DXML import, specifically for files organized by material.
- Fixed a bug where material assignments and configurations were not being stored and saved properly.
- Introduced a modified versioning scheme.
- Many additional bugs and stability concerns were addressed in this update.
Thanks for being a part of the 3DEXCITE BUNKSPEED Community!